[KOREAN STUDIES SERIES NO. 48]
‘체질의학’은 의학적으로 건강한 인간을 추구하는 것이 목적이다. 그러나 인간에게는 장부대소의 차이가 있어 체질별로 각기 다른 생리와 병리과정이 있음을 제기하였다. 따라서 동무공은 의학적 문제를 제기함으로써 체질별 질병원인, 질병과정, 질병치료, 질병예방에 대하여 구체적으로 해결방안을 제시하였다.
보통 사상의학에 관심을 갖게 되는 것은 ‘자신의 체질이 무엇일까?’ ‘어떻게 하면 체질을 개선하여 건강하게 살 수 있을까?’라는 궁금증 때문일 것이다.
동무공이 떠난 지 100여 년이 지난 지금, 그의 영향은 우리 사회에 깊이 관여하고 있다. 따라서 그의 학문인 ‘인간학’과 ‘체질의학’을 이해하고, 실제생활에 응용하여 건강한 삶을 영위할 수 있어야 할 것이다.
많은 사람이 이 책을 통하여 사상의학에 쉽게 접근하고 국민의학, 나아가 한국한의학으로서 자리매김하는 데 초석이 되었으면 한다.
이 책의 구성은 다음과 같다.
Ⅱ.자신의 체질 바로알기
Ⅲ. 체질에 따른 생활지혜
Ⅳ. 체질에 따른 질병관리
Ⅴ. 체질에 따른 소아건강법
(2) 체질에 따른 식품분류
(3) 체질에 따른 당뇨식단
(4) 체질별 사용 한약제
(5) 사상의학 표준용어
The ultimate goal in Sasang Constitutional Medicine is a healthy life. But there are innate differences in the physical organ structural schemes between the constitutional types which give rise to the differences in physiological and pathological conditions in different constitutional types. Lee Ja-ma(1837~1900) delved deeply into the pathogenic factors, pathological developments, and the prevention and treatment of disease that differ for each constitutional type.
Most people who first became interested in constitutional medicine want to know what type of constitution they have and how they can live a healthy life most compatible with their constitutional type.
A century has passed since his demise, and his contributions to the society are still substantial and valid in practical lives studying and applying his anthropological value and the sasang constitutional medical theories would endow us a healthier lifestyle.
I hope this book will inspire people to learn more about Sasang Constitutional Medicine and help it become a more valued asset in Korean Medicine.
The contents of this book are as follows;
Ⅰ.Introduction to Sasang Constitutional Medicine
Ⅱ. Determining the constitutional type
Ⅲ. The healthy way to live for each type of constitution
Ⅳ. Management of disease for each constitution
Ⅴ. Children health guidelines for each constitution
(1) Constitutional self-diagnosis
(2) Beneficial foods for each constitutional type
(3) Constitutional diet plans for diabetics
(4) Beneficial herbal medicine for each constitutional type
(5) Standard terminologies, on Sasang Constitutional Medine
Chapter 1 Introduction to Sasang Constitutional Medicine
1. The Western countries in the late 18th century: the revolution in medicine
2. The Joseon dynasty in the 19th century: A time of famine, epidemics, and riots
3. Confucianist medical doctors
4. Lee Je-ma
5. Constitutional Medicine
6. The influences of Dongeui Bogam
7. The characteristics of Sasang Constitutional Medicine
8. Constitutional Medicine of the past and present
9. Medicine that heals the mind
Chapter 2 Determining the constitutional type
1. Understanding constitution
2. Which constitutional type am I ?
3. What is the Taeyangin (Taeyang type) like ?
4. What is the Soyangin (Soyang type) like ?
5. What is the Taeeumin (Taeeum type) like ?
6. What is the Soeumin (Soeum type) like ?
Archives: Frequently asked questions and misunderstandings about constitutional type
Chapter 3 The healthy way to live for each type of constitution
1. Constitutional type and food
2. Eating habits
3. Ways of self-expression for each type of constitution
4. Image make-over
5. Dressing style
6. Marital life
7. Taking care in spring
8. Adequate spring food for each constitutional type
9. Surviving the summers
10. Constitutional type and sweating
11. Edible greenery
12. Taming of the mind (I): Psychological structures of the Sasangin
13. Taming of the mind (II): The vices
Archives: Knowing your own constitutional type can help you survive the summer
Chapter 4 Disease Management for Each Constitutional Type
1. Personal health care (I): Understanding “Principals of life preservation”
2. Personal health care (II): Understanding State of healthiness
3. Winter colds and the constitutional type
4. Overcoming fatigue
5. The war against obesity (I)
6. The war against obesity (II): Weight loss tips fordifferent constitutional types
8. Lifestyle disease
9. Spicing up life for householders in
10. Treatment of hepatic disease in
12. Integrative medical check-up: Combining the wisdom of the West and East
Archives: Alcohol and constitutional type
Chapter 5 Health guidelines for children of different constitutional types
1. Raising children the ideal way compatible with their constitutional types
2. A weakly child
3. Constitutionally discriminated recipes
4. Summer health guidelines for children
5. Child growth for different constitutional types
Appendix 1. Constitutional self-diagnosis
Appendix 2. Beneficial foods for each constitutional type
Appendix 3. Constitutional diet plans for diabetics
Appendix 4. Beneficial herbal medicine for each constitutional type
Appendix 5. Standard Terminologies on Sasang Constitutional Medicine
Doctor of Korean Medicine, Medical MBA, Professor
Department of Sasang Constitutional Medicine, College of Korean Medicine, Kyung Hee University
Visiting Professor, University of Maryland School of Medicine, USA
Master of Korean Medicine, Specialist of Sasang Constitutional Medicine
Doctor of Korean Medicine, Master of Nurse Science
Visiting Post-doctor, University of Maryland School of Medicine and Johns Hopkins University, USA
한의학박사, Medical MBA, 교수
경희대학교 한의과대학 사상체질과
교환교수, 메릴랜드의과대학 CIM
박사후과정, 메릴랜드의과대학 & 존스홉킨스대학